Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday at Last

They don't lose their attitude as they get older, they just get harder to distract.

Here's where Piper has been sleeping this month, because she says her bed is "not comfortable."

My big triumph this week was convincing her to move her "nest" far enough into her room that we can close the door, so the rest of the family doesn't have to look at it. Honest, there is clear floor in the room just past the edge of the photo, but you couldn't tell it here.

And here's why we haven't seen much of Mike lately. These are the drawings he just completed for the building he's working on. They had to rent a U-Haul to get them to Idaho to the owner--they took up four and a half pallets.

As for me, I am very domestic this month. Mike was reminiscing about home-canned fruit, one thing led to another, and three weeks later I have twelve quarts of peaches and nine quarts of pears. It was really pretty fun--Piper and Owen have been off-track, so they helped me peel peaches and core pears. They had a lot of fun. Honest.







3 comments:

Tan said...

You and Mike both deserve prizes. That is a lot of drawings, and a lot of fruit.

I'm sorry I missed seeing Pea sleep in the hall :(

The Bundys said...

That sounds delicious and how can a bed be more comfortable than those stuffed animals?

Carolyn said...

Hi! I'm glad I found you! I love seeing the kids. I'll have to show Alli, so the next time we come, she remembers!

Love, Carolyn